UPDATE: The coalition of students plans to make an allegation that the College Republicans STOLE the Hamas flag used in the protest from an undisclosed group or individual. They will further claim that the student who rushed the CR's table and stole the Flag was simply "retrieving his property." This is obviously untrue and is presumably a tactic designed to plant a seed of doubt.
An anonymous source from inside the Palestinian Club and the Socialist club at SFSU has provided the College Republicans with the following information:
In response to the College Republican's anti-Hamas event (video below) held on Wednesday the "offended parties" have banded together to push the school to punish the College Republicans for throwing shoes at the Hamas Flag. Over the next few days the coalition will release a statement making the following demands:
-Authorities must drop all charges pending against Muhammad Abdullah and Jeremy Stern, the two protestors that assaulted the College Republicans and stole their property.
-The school must sanction/punish the College Republicans for throwing shoes at the Hamas flag.
-The groups must organize a forum to "educate" students about what forms of speech are not acceptable according to the offended parties, specifically the always ambiguous "hate speech."
So far we've confirmed that the General Union of Palestinian Students and Muslim Student Association are the main players in the push to ban/punish forms of speech that could potentially offend students. By characterizing "offensive" speech as hate speech they will demand that the school implement new rules to "keep this from happening again."
BREAKING: Coalition of students forms after controversial CR event in hopes of punishing "offensive" speech.
- Protesters claim student conduct code trumps first...
- GatorGOP predicts tomorrow's campus paper Op/Ed.
- CALLED IT: Confirmed, coalition forms against CRs,...
- Arrested protester "K Real" posts video response, ...
- Blog reader confirms rumor: Protesters will claim ...
- More information about arrested protester Muhammad...
- Nothing new: Radical leftists/palestinians attacki...
- Michael Savage discusses controversial anti-hamas ...
- BREAKING: Coalition of students forms after contro...
- College Republicans assaulted, 2 leftists arrested...
- Keep the Change Mr. President
- San Francisco Beach Impeach FAIL...
- New SFSU CR flyers....EPIC
- ▼ February (13)
- ► 2008 (18)